Ouch, lesson learned this week and I want to share it with you.
There is value in reviewing an interaction with someone, particularly if it didn’t go as you expected.
- Everyone you connect with is busy and important – and so are you.
- Check that it’s a good time for them to talk. If not, reschedule.
- Before you connect, know why you are connecting with this person. Not just that a third person suggested it.
- What outcomes do you expect from this call?
- Make sure that you tell them the purpose of your call at the beginning.
- Thank them for their time.
- Even if you judge the call not to have gone very well, you can learn from it.
It always disappoints me to have an interaction that is less than stellar and ZESTY.